"client-error-not-found" error message

Tom Blum tommy at sdicgm.com
Tue Feb 20 08:42:21 PST 2007

> >>Thanks Michael..  so there's an equivalent command line structure for IPP vs. LPD? The things you learn here..
> >

> > So in simple terms, if I have a PostScript file and I want to do a direct submit to a remote printer, understanding that the local Linux box does not have configured print queues, is there a command line argument to do that via IPP or socket? I've tried various socket / IPP commands w/o luck.
> >
> > Thanks again..
> >

> Look at the -h (host) option in the lp or lpr command.
>
> Helge
>
> --
> Helge Blischke
> Softwareentwicklung
> SRZ Berlin | Firmengruppe besscom
> http://www.srz.de

The -h option doesn't exist on lpr, which is what I need because the lpr command is pointing to a Windows machine, which doesn't support lp.

To refresh my query, what I'm wondering is if there is a command, as executed from an xterm on Linux, that will send a print job to a remote Windows print queue.

Basically, I'm looking for a Linux equivalent command to this Solaris command:

/usr/ucb/lpr -P caesar:HP8500PS tiger.ps

Note that the print queue is defined locally at all. It resides only on the remote Windows machine.

Any help would of course be appreciated.

Thanks, Tom