HPDeskJet720C - USRobotics5461 - Fedora5

Johan Samyn johan_samyn at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 20 09:49:45 PST 2007

Hi !

I'm using a HP DeskJet 720C color printer, connected via usb, to my US Robotics 5461 router printerport, for a Fedora 5 box.
Only when I enter the connection info that is given by USRobotics for a Linux config (with Cups screenshots), my system seems unable to print to that printer. A testprint also fails.

If I connect the printer directly to the usb port of the PC, an print to it directly from Fedora, everything goes fine.

A windows box, also connected to that same router, can print allright to that same printer, when connected to the router.

Does anybody out there has any experience with this combination ?
And could you please help me with it ?

Greetz,
JohSam