[cups.general] default paper size / size of sent jobs

Adam Monsen haircut at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 09:27:36 PST 2007

Some (hopefully quick) questions about paper size:

(1) Say I configure a printer as a jetdirect network printer and use
the default postscript driver included with CUPS. What is the default
paper size?
(1a) or is this a matter of what's in the PPD?
(1b) or is this up to the printer to decide?

(2) Say I use the cool trick Michael Sweet mentioned earlier (
http://cups.org/newsgroups.php?s0+gcups.general+v11898+T0 ) to capture
the temporary postscript data as it was sent to the printer. Is there
something in that data to indicate the paper size? Or, again, is this
just a matter of what the printer chooses?

Sorry if these are more postscript questions than CUPS questions.

--
Adam Monsen