Web page 'Jobs' page shows only one job

John A. Murdie john at cs.york.ac.uk
Fri Feb 23 03:15:59 PST 2007

> John A. Murdie wrote:
> > Just tested. No - lp/lpstat seem ok:
> > Would you like me to submit a bug report for the Berkeley-style commands?
>
> Yes, please!
>
> --
> Internet Printing and Document Software          http://www.easysw.com

Oops, no, it's not a CUPS problem. One of my colleagues had wrapped lpq(1) to accommodate the changeover from LPRng to CUPS (not quite sure why!), and his script has an explicit:

/usr/bin/lpq-cups -h ${SERVER}:631 $@

in it. When one uses lpr-cups and lpq-cups explicitly, all is well:

; cat /etc/cups/client.conf
ServerName cups:632
; lpr-cups -Hcups:632 -Ppp23 tiger.ps
; lpq-cups -Ppp23
pp23 is ready and printing
Rank    Owner   Job     File(s)                         Total Size
active  john    29      tiger.ps                        78848 bytes
;

My apologies for the false alarm! No bug report made, of course.

John A. Murdie