[cups.general] what's wrong with this PS file ?

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Mon Feb 26 09:28:23 PST 2007

Jerome Alet wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've got a PostScript file produced by a Windows driver at
>
>         http://cgi.librelogiciel.com/sample.prn
>
> When viewing/converting this file with gs-esp v7.07 all is fine
> excepted that the file should be displayed in grayscale, and it is
> displayed in color.
>
> When viewing/converting this file with gs-esp 8.15.3, there's an
> error on page 2 (page 1 comes empty but it is not empty) :

Though the setup defines /DeviceGray as /ProcessColorModel, the job switches
to /DeviceRGB by executing the setcolorspace operator. Obviously with the 7.0x
versions of Ghostscript the setcolorspace operator takes precedence over
the process color model (don't know why) - or do they completely ignore this
setting?. I suspect the 8.xx versions of gs (including esp-gs) by default
throw a configuration error if they encounter page device keys they don't
understand. As I don't have a 8.xx gs at hand right now, I cannot verify
nor falsify my hypothesis now.

As for the real printer (I guess it is a KonicaMinolta C450), it will honour
the process color model (at least the C250 at our site does so).

Helge

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung