landscape plots

chris epicier seuchato at yahoo.de
Wed Feb 28 06:03:10 PST 2007

Hi there

Got an hp dj 500, that works from linux commandline nicely using the djet650 driver.

Can plot everything I need, so far only in reduced resolution though (djet650 doesnt seem to let me put higher resoltions, any way, that would be another topic).

A0 have to go out shor side first. A1 should be able to go out long side first. When I specify

lp -d djet650p -n 1 -o PageSize=A0 -o landscape -t "name" "plotfile"

or

lp -d djet650p -n 1 -o PageSize=A0 -o orientation-requested=4 -t "name" "plotfile"

the plot still comes out short side first. When I define a new que for the printer where is set the orientation as landscape, my designjet spits out a blank page.

An clue how to resolve this?

greets chris