[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #2232: printers via browsing are not deleted

kssingvo.suse kssingvo at suse.de
Mon Feb 5 09:16:24 PST 2007

[STR New]

We noticed that "Browsing Off" doesn't remove the remote printers from
listing even after restart.

To reproduce:
- broadcast some browsing printers on a different host
- "lpstat -v" should show them
- Set "Browsing Off" in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf and reload/restart server
- "lpstat -v" still shows remote printers

Work-around:
- keep "Browsing On" but reject browsing packages to clear cache via
"BrowseDeny from all" and "BrowseAllow from none"

Suggestion: I think that the ".../remote.cache" should be emptied, if
"Browsing Off" is configured (and configuration was parsed).

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2232
Version: 1.2.7