bug in the CUPS lpr client

Nathan dosman at packetsniffers.org
Wed Feb 7 05:43:54 PST 2007

> > I suspect this is rather a feature than a bug, as the handling of these items
> > is quite different with different LPD implementations.
> >
> > If you like, you can get a Perl script that may be used with slight modifications
> > as a replacement for the lpd backend.
> >
> > Let me know if this is an option for you.
> >
> > Helge
> >

> > --
> > Helge Blischke
> > Softwareentwicklung
> > SRZ Berlin | Firmengruppe besscom
> > http://www.srz.de

I've got a 100% workaround for my problem now, I won't need this perl you spoke of. I've switched to the LPRng print package and commented out the sanity checking for the -C flag in "lpr.c". Now I can pass my print arguments on to the print server and they are no longer missing or modified by extraneous "features" in the lpr client.

Thanks.