[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #2234: Can we print out to IPv6 printer with CUPS1.2.7 ?

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Wed Feb 7 09:05:26 PST 2007

[STR Closed w/Resolution]

[In the future, please post questions like this to the cups.general group;
the bug database is *not* provided for general support...]

I have had sporatic problems with IPv6 on RHEL4, but not on FC5 or FC6.
Make sure you have all of the current updates installed.

For link-local addresses, you *must* include the interface name in the
URI; for IPv6 addresses this means:

    lpd://[fe80:xxxx:xxxx:...:xxxx+IFNAME]/q

where "IFNAME" is the name of the interface. Without the interface name,
there is no way to determine which interface to use when connecting to the
printer...

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2234
Version: 1.2.7
Fix Version: None