[cups.development] [RFE] STR #2244: Support for DESTDIR within the Makefiles

Ryan Lovett bugs at spacecoaster.org
Thu Feb 15 13:28:17 PST 2007

[STR New]

I'd like to be able to run "make install DESTDIR=somewhere" so that CUPS
gets installed into a little jail before I actually put it on my system.
This is so that things like CUPS' init.d scripts don't overwrite those
I've put in place myself. It would also allow me to build on a fast system
that doesn't have write access to its intended NFS destination. The URL
below has some additional info on why it'd be useful.

http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/DESTDIR.html

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2244
Version:  -feature