[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #2258: Post installation, permissions are incorrect

Tim Murray tlmurray at techknowledgecorp.com
Fri Feb 23 04:19:54 PST 2007

[STR New]

After installing 1.2.8 on a PowerBook G4 with OS 10.4.8, and after deleting
all printers using Printer Setup Repair (www.fixamac.com), and running an
Apple Disk Utility permissions fix (which reported no errors), I installed
CUPS 1.2.8. Immediately afterward I ran another permissions fix, and found
the following:

Determining correct file permissions.
Group differs on ./usr/bin/lppasswd, should be 26, group is 0
Owner and group corrected on ./usr/bin/lppasswd
Permissions corrected on ./usr/bin/lppasswd
Permissions differ on ./usr/libexec/cups/backend/ipp, should be -rwxr-xr-x
, they are -rwx------
Owner and group corrected on ./usr/libexec/cups/backend/ipp
Permissions corrected on ./usr/libexec/cups/backend/ipp
Permissions differ on ./usr/libexec/cups/backend/lpd, should be -rwxr-xr-x
, they are -rwx------
Owner and group corrected on ./usr/libexec/cups/backend/lpd
Permissions corrected on ./usr/libexec/cups/backend/lpd

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2258
Version: 1.2.8