Problem adding new printers

Peter Langer langerpr at iis.fraunhofer.de
Fri Feb 23 05:37:54 PST 2007

Hi,

> http://www.cups.org/str.php?L773
> which is for a very old CUPS version and happens
> only if you use SSL (see the STR for possible workarounds
> if you don't want or cannot update to a current CUPS version).

that is exactly what my problem is. i just checked for a YaST update for CUPS( SuSE 10.0 that is ) and it says there is no new update. my version is 1.1.23-21.6 which is by far not the newest version.

> I a previous mail you wrote that you use "SuSE 10.0"
> which confuses me.

i have the same version on my SuSE 9.3 which confuses me aswell.
by the way i tried setting up CUPS with 443 on my SuSE 9.3 and it doesnt work either.

is there any way to get some kind of yast update? ( it's pretty strange that the newest version showing is 1.1.23-21.6 as it's a really really old version as you already mentioned )

thanks in advance

best regards,

Peter