[cups.bugs] cups-lpd raw printing not possible with 1.2.7

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Mon Feb 26 06:05:36 PST 2007

Hello,

On Feb 26 07:35 roland.morgenroth.kapp-coburg wrote (shortened):
> the application generates a PCL3 file which is transfered via cups-lpd
> to the cups server.
> /etc/xinetd.conf/cups-lpd:
> server      = /usr/lib/cups/daemon/cups-lpd
> server_args = cups-lpd -o document-format=application/octet-stream

According to "man cups-lpd":
.... set the "document-format" option to "application/octet-stream"
which forces autodetection of the print file format.
I assume you don't want to have autodetection of the print file format
but force "raw" printing via "document-format=application/vnd.cups-raw".

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex