broken pipe

alan secker alan at asandco.co.uk
Tue Jan 2 06:07:51 PST 2007

I'm running a Mandriva 2006 Linux system on a small LAN. One of the printers on the LAN is Magicolor 2300DL. The remainder are a variety of Brother machines. The latter all function perfectly as did the 2300DL until a month ago. I have tested the Magicolor by parallel cable with a stand alone Windows 98 mschine. It was fine. I can also successfully ping the 2300DL across the LAN.

If I send it a test page from the Mandriva machine's CUPS
web interface, it just sits there. The error.log says that
the page couldn't be printed and adds 'Broken pipe'.

I woul welcome suggestions.