[cups.general] Filtering lpd print files

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Thu Jan 4 03:03:48 PST 2007

On Jan 4, 2007, at 4:16 , Opher Shachar wrote:

> Hello all,
> We have remote hosts sending plain text files to the CUPS lpd server.
> We need to filter the received files prior to printing through CUPS.
> How is this done?

Run cups-lpd with the -o option to set a MIME type for all received
files, and define a filter for that MIME type if necessary in
mime.convs.  Or set it to application/octet-stream and CUPS will try
to intuit an appropriate MIME type.

--
brandon s. allbery    [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]     allbery at kf8nh.com
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at ece.cmu.edu