Xerox Phaser 6100 stoppt printing with 1.2.7

Armin Inauen armin.inauen at aritec.ch
Thu Jan 4 06:45:50 PST 2007

I used my Xerox Phaser 6100 with cups 1.1.x (can't remeber the exact version) for 2 years.
After updating my server to cups 1.2.7 the printer is receiving the data (green button flashing) but doesn't print anything.
the log-files don't show any kind of error, even with loglevel debug.

My System:
==========
Linux: 2.6.19 (archlinux)
cups:  1.2.7

Phaser-6100splc.ppd:
*PPD-Adobe: "4.3"
*FormatVersion:	"4.3"
*FileVersion:	"1.1"
*LanguageVersion: English
*LanguageEncoding: ISOLatin1
*PCFileName:	"Phaser-6100splc.ppd"
*Manufacturer: "XEROX"
*Product:	"Phaser 6100"
*cupsVersion:	1.0
*cupsManualCopies: False
*cupsModelNumber:  2
*cupsFilter:	"application/vnd.cups-postscript 0 ppmtosplc"
*ModelName:     "Xerox Phaser 6100"
*ShortNickName: "Phaser 6100"
*linuxLanguage: "SPL-C"
*linuxPriority: "1"
*linuxURL:    "http://www.office.xerox.com/perl-bin/product.pl?product=6100"
*linuxIdentify: "Phaser 6100"
*NickName:      "Xerox Phaser 6100 Series (SPL-C)"
*PSVersion:	"(3010.000) 550"
*LanguageLevel:	"3"
*ColorDevice:	True
*DefaultColorSpace: Gray
*FileSystem:	False
*Throughput:	"20"
*%LandscapeOrientation: Plus90
*%VariablePaperSize: False
*%TTRasterizer:	Type42

any ideas how I get this to work with cups 1.2.7?

regards
armin