Jobs are resent to CUPS Server after reboot

Udo Hortian udo_hortian at web.de
Fri Jan 5 05:49:41 PST 2007

Hello!

I have a problem with CUPS. I'm running a CUPS under Debian Sarge (Version 1.1.23-10sarge) and Cups on another box with Ubuntu 6.06 on it and with cups Version 1.2.2-0ubuntu0.6.06.

The problem is as follows:
I print something on the Ubuntu Client to the Server while the physical printer is switched off. In fact it's a network printer with IPP, but on the Debian server it's configured as a printer in cups. Then I can see the job in the queue on the Debian server.
Then the Ubuntu client reboots while the printer is still off (and so the job is still in queue). Then the job is resent again to the server and I see a second job. If I then switch the printer on I get two prints. I don't like this behaviour.
Is this wanted? If so, is there a way to turn this off? If not, I suppose this is a bug?!

Best Regards
Udo