[cups.general] Text on printed pages truncated

Ken Heard ken at heard.name
Mon Jan 8 14:53:53 PST 2007

Whenever I print text, html or pdf files from either KDE Konqueror or
Mozilla Firefox, the text starts so close to the top of each page that
the first line either does not get printed, or only part of it is
printed.  Is there a way to adjust the printing to have the text start
say 8-10 mm further down the page?

I did find in various printer preference windows an option to vary
printer margins.  However changing these margins has no effect.  I have
looked everywhere I can think of for guidance in solving this problem
but could find nothing relevant.

I am using the Debian "Sarge" distribution of GNU/Linux with their CUPS
package, which they label as "CUPS 1.1.23-10sarge".  I print through a
print server to an HP LaserJet II-P.  The driver is "HP LaserJet 2P
Foomatic/ljet2p (recommended)".

				Ken Heard
				Toronto, Canada

To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST at lists.debian.org