cups update - problems with brother mfc 210 c :(

Manuel manuel.schwab at spreech.de
Wed Jan 10 08:41:35 PST 2007

Hello together,

I have the brother mfc 210-c printer and I was used to use this printer withour problems.

But a few days ago I used aptitude dist-upgrade to upgrade my system. And I think that there was a change on cups, too.

Since this upgrade I am not able to use my printer anymore.

I have deinstalled the printer driver and reinstalled the printer but without success. On my cups webinterface the printer is listed.
But not there is the message: "Printer not connected; will retry in 30 seconds..."

But the printer is connected on the same USB port as before, there was no change.

If I delete the printer and go to the main page of the cups interface (localhost:631) this message is shown:
New printer found: Brother MFC-210C (Brother MFC-210C USB #1)

I installed it with the common driver and the printer is listed as installed printer and as ready.

But if I want to print a file, the status of the printer change into:
"Printer not connected; will retry in 30 seconds...".

can anybody help me?
I tried so much and I need the printer!

Thank you in advance.

Regards,