top part of every page is cut off

Michael mikeybs at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 11:31:14 PST 2007

One of my cups printers started printing strangely today, the top part of every page is cut off, it seems like the entire contents of the printout are shifted up on the page, which cuts off the content on the top of the page.

The printer is a Ricoh Aficio 2016 using the pxlmono driver.  The printer has been working fine for months, behavior started randomly today.

There has been no change to my configuration that I am aware of, printer just all of a sudden started printing that way.  The printer is also on a windows machine using a tcp/ip port (no cups), printing to the printer from windows works fine.  I can see the behavior when simply printing a cups test page.  Printing a report from the printer itself also works fine, problem is only associated with cups printing.

Any ideas?