cupsd start error undefined symbol: _httpWriteGNUTLS

Jerry Happ jhapp at advancedbionics.com
Fri Jan 12 09:23:48 PST 2007

> Jerry Happ wrote:
> > Hi.
> > I have installed the latest cups-1.3svn-r6186 onto a Debian 2.6.15-1-686-smp system and I am getting an error when starting the cups daemon : /usr/sbin/cupsd:
> > symbol lookup error: /usr/sbin/cupsd: undefined symbol: _httpWriteGNUTLS
> >
> > the configure, make and make install, ran without complaint.
> > Anyone know what I am missing here?
>
> Run ldconfig to clear out any cached libcups.so.2 instances...
>
> --
> Internet Printing and Document Software          http://www.easysw.com
Hi Michael, Thanks for the tip. I tried ldconfig -v. I got the same error message when I tried to start cupsd, But I noticed a message from the ifconfig -v command: ldconfig: Path `/lib64' Directory not found. I spotted 2 libcups.. entities in /usr/lib64, so for the heck of it I made a link /lib64 --> /usr/lib64. cupsd will now start!. Now when I type ifconfig -v command, I get: ldconfig: Path `/usr/lib64' given more than once. I will be testing cups later today.
Thanks,
Jerry