[cups.general] IPP: Waiting for job to complete...

Arjan Hulsbosch ahulsbos at xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 14 05:53:01 PST 2007

I use an Edimax 1203M printer server (with HP 804C printer), and had the same
problem.

The solution I found was to have CUPS print to the lpd print queue on the
printer server. I use Ubuntu 6.10, but it should work on any CUPS. In the CUPS
interface:
- Select the printer
- Click "Modify Printer"
- Continue to Device selection and select "LPD/LPR Host or Printer"
- URI: "lpd://10.0.0.203/lpt1" (enter your own IP number and printer port name
of course)
- Continue through the printer driver selection
- And you're done.

Hope this helps!

Arjan