support for xerox printers

russbucket russbucket at nwi.net
Mon Jan 15 09:13:06 PST 2007

abhishek verma wrote:

> Does CUPS provide support for Xerox printers and which models  for xerox
> printers .I could find drivers for only one model of Xerox printers what
> abt others models ... looking fo reply as early as possible as it si sfor
> my BTech project
Not sure how do you mean support. I have a Xerox Phaser 6120 running just
fine unser SUSE Linux 10.2 and it ran under 10.0 also. I had to download
the ppd file for CUPS from Xerox's websiye:
        http://www.support.xerox.com/go/prodselect.asp
Here you can check type printer, and product family. It will then list
models and option link to downloads.

In the past I also had an older model workcentre printer working on SUSE
9.0.

Hope this helps.
--
Russ