[cups.general] Printing cut by margins

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Sun Jan 21 18:13:28 PST 2007

On Jan 21, 2007, at 21:08 , Bawenang wrote:

> Hi, I've made a PostScript file with background image that fills
> all the paper. When I previewed it in GhostView, it showed
> normally. But when I printed it with a printer, the background
> image was cut a few milimeters by the top, right, left and bottom
> margin. What I don't understand is how come in GhostView there's no
> margin whatsoever but when it is printed, there's margins in the
> top, bottom, left, and right side of the page? Can anybody tell me
> how to remove this margins so that I can print the background image
> in its full image?

Most printers are incapable of printing to the edge of the page and
will clip at the margins like that.  Some inkjet/laser "photo
printers" don't have that restriction.  Check your printer's
specifications for unprintable margins.

--
brandon s. allbery    [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]     allbery at kf8nh.com
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at ece.cmu.edu