using our own filter to print psutils output

Waltraut Niepraschk waltraut.niepraschk at desy.de
Mon Jan 22 05:40:14 PST 2007

Hi all,

I am a cups newcomer. We have trouble to print files produced with
psutils. The lines
   /setpagedevice {pop}bind 1 index where{dup wcheck{3 1 roll put}
    {pop def}ifelse}{def}ifelse
cause the problems.

It is possible to add a new mime.type entry and a rule in mime.convs
to get the correct output on the cups server. I add the line
<</Tumble true>> setpagedevice
and send the output without pstops with application/vnd.cups-raw
to the printer. This works on the server.

I add the same entries on the client.
But on the client (with a running cupsd) the command
 lp -o document-format=application/myownform psutils-job
doesn't work, because the filter rule was not used,
 not on the client and not on the server

What can I do?
How do you solve this problem. The psutils tools are very popular.
Thanks for your help

Waltraut