Remote queues PPD file not read

Noe noe at physik.unizh.ch
Wed Jan 24 09:26:11 PST 2007

Hi,

I just set up a new client to our cups server and found out that
this client cannot access the PPD files stored on the server, i.e.
'lpoptions -l' reports 'Destination xxx has no PPD file'.
All other clients can !

The only visible difference is the cups version:
 - The new client uses 1.2.7  (from openSuSE 10.2)
 - Other clients use 1.1.23  (from SuSE 9.3, 10.0, SLES9 etc.)
 - The cups server is also running 1.1.23  (on SuSE 9.3)

The client configuration is identical.

The server logs show that the client accesses the server (printing works, but without settable options) but the PPD file is not even requested !!

Has there been a protocol or authorization change in 1.2 that I missed somehow ?

Help!

Norbert