rpm build

Emily Wilson mlemily at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 15:23:01 PST 2007

Hello all,

I need the most up to date version of cups to use hplip, the version SuSE 10.0 ships with is not compatable.
To that end I downloaded cups-1.2.7-source.tar.gz from http://www.cups.org/software.php

and as the page says:

"The source distributions include an RPM spec file that can be used to
build RPM packages for your Linux distribution. The rpmbuild command
is used to build from the tar files:

rpmbuild -ta cups-version-source.tar.gz"

So I ran:
rpmbuild -ta cups-1.2.7-source.tar.gz

from the directory where I had downloaded the tar.gz file.

I only received a few errors:
RPM build errors:
   File not found by glob: /tmp/cups-root/etc/dbus-1/system.d/*
   File not found: /tmp/cups-root/etc/pam.d
   File not found by glob: /tmp/cups-root/etc/pam.d/*
   File not found by glob: /tmp/cups-root/usr/lib*/php*

And now that I've done the rpm build, I frankly am not sure where to
find the .rpm file (or even if my build was successful.)

Can you help?

Emily