Lexmark C510 with cups-1.2.7 on Suse 10.2

Miroslav Rovis m.rovis at inet.hr
Wed Jan 24 17:11:26 PST 2007

Checking file "./lmaab1p1.ppd"
./lmaab1p1.ppd: FAIL
      **FAIL**  BAD PSVersion - not "(string) int".
                REF: Pages 62-64, section 5.3.
        WARN    File contains a mix of CR, LF, and CR LF line endings!
        WARN    Non-Windows PPD files should use lines ending with only LF, not CR LF!
        WARN    Obsolete PPD version 4.2!
                REF: Page 42, section 5.2.
        WARN    Manufacturer required by PPD 4.3 spec.
                REF: Pages 58-59, section 5.3.
        WARN    Duplex shares a common prefix with Duplexer
                REF: Page 15, section 3.2.
0 files passed

lmaab1p1.ppd, the old Windows ppd works no more as it did on Suse 9.2
I have sent an email to Lexmark support with this content:

The lmaab1p1.ppd I used for Windows is obsolete PPD version 4.2.
Can I have the new one, made by the PPD 4.3 spec etc. (you are undoubtedly aware of the issue)?
I am sure your wizards have already been able to make it in a matter of minutes for all us Linuxers...
Thanks!

Any other alternative solution in sight in the Linux world, just in case?

Miro
www.CroatiaFidelis.hr