[cups.general] Samsun ML-1710 and FreeBSD

Grant Wagner kithera at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 26 23:06:43 PST 2007

Hi All,

  I'm attempting to install cups for the first time on a FreeBSD system. I have installed the program from the ports collection and installed the driver at http://splix.ap2c.org/. I have accessed the webpage and been able to add a printer. Typing
    Echo "Test" > /dev/ulpt0
causes my printer to warm up, implying at least a little bit of access, but clicking on print test page from the admin website causes the job to automatically be put in hold. "Releasing" the job returns a success message but when I return to job status, it's still held.

Any ideas?

Grant