[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #2183: If using "#" character for samba printer authentication than the link is dropped after restart.

Sergejs Pisarenko drseergio at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 05:31:48 PST 2007

[STR New]

When I try to add a samba printer I specify this link:
smb://pisarenk:z7#TD2qm@print/ituniv4-east

However, after restart when I try to print it does not work and when I
open CUPS management via localhost:631 I get this link instead:
"smb://pisarenk:z7". It seems to cut everything afterwards.

How can I fix this because it is really annoying to modify printer on
every restart.

Checked on 1.2.6 & 1.2.7.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2183
Version: 1.2.7