[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #2187: esp gs crashes when used for a 'Epson Stylus Photo R200' printer on Solaris (sparc)

H. Blischke h.blischke at srz-berlin.de
Thu Jan 11 05:01:02 PST 2007

[STR New]

I suspect you are on a 64-bit sparc machine. I noticed recently that gcc (I
have gcc 3.4.2 on my Solaris box) under certain circumstances fails to do
correct alignement on this type of CPU - IIRC, 8-byte wide data types like
double require an 8-bit alignement instead of the usual 4-bit alignement
on older (32-bit) sparc processors.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2187
Version: 8.15.3