[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #2194: USB backend fails to work nearly ever.

Eygene Ryabinkin rea-cups at codelabs.ru
Tue Jan 16 06:16:16 PST 2007

[STR New]

Michael!

Seems like your printer reports bi-directional mode to the FreeBSD kernel,
but really operating correctly only for uni-directional mode. Please,
provide the outputs from the 'dmesg | grep ulpt' and 'usbdevs -v'
commands. The latter requires privileges to read and write to /dev/usb*
entries, so you better be root for it.

If I am correct, then the line should be added to the usb_quirks.c file
and the PR (problem report) should be submitted to FreeBSD. If you will be
able to do this -- it is fine. If you'll not be able -- I can do it.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2194
Version: 1.2.7