[cups.development] Additon information about printing

PChot pchott at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 15:18:14 PST 2007

Thank you for information.

That is currently not possible for a variety of practical issues,
> namely security (printing user may not be on the local console) and
> network transparency (print job may come from another machine).
>
> We have an open RFE to add some basic functionality (mainly to prompt
> the user with a message and possible actions to take), but there is
> no plan to add the ability to request additional information after
> the job has been submitted.

I think have to think about RFE. I would like to know more. I would bi
gratefull for some useful links that i can use. I tried google, not did't
fint anythnig intresting.

how about opposite, Can somehow just display message box to user, even if to
anoter machine?

PChott
--
Macs are for those who don't want to know why their computer works.
Linux is for those who want to know why their computer works.