[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #2191: Combination of number-up andpage-border does not paint border on 1st page

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Tue Jan 23 10:49:26 PST 2007

Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> Do you have a set of standard test files you use for testing
> cupstestdsc against (or something what some developers call "unit
> tests")?
>            (*) see below

I have a large collection of PS files that have been sent to me
over the years that I use for basic testing, but ultimately it
will just evolve as we get more good and bad PS files to test
against.

The current code isn't perfect, and I'd like to hook into
Ghostscript to do some of the harder tests (e.g. no changing of
the graphics state outside of a page definition, etc.)

> Also, I've now a locally working version of a "Makefile.kp" that
> I include into the main Makefile. It offers various targets for
> testing, the main one being "make cups_clone". This will copy
> and/or symlink the newly compiled files into a separate directory,
> create different config files and a startup script and allow to
> run the new server in user space on a user defined port (defaults
> to 23631). A few wrapper scripts will take care of LD_PRELOAD-ing
> the correct libraries.

I'm guessing this could be supported quite easily with a few
modifications to the existing run-stp-tests.sh script, which
already handles most of what you are doing...

> place and run "make readme; make cups_clone"...

You can already run "make test" to get a copy of the current
scheduler running on port 8631 in the background.  We can add
another target that passes in the necessary arguments to skip
all of the prompts (just like "make check" does), and we can
add scripts to the tools directory for running commands against
the test server and/or setting environment variables.  I already
do this on my own systems when testing CUPS builds...