Source compilation by given Makefile

vladimir vova25 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 04:00:46 PST 2007

It is necessary for us to add some expand functionality into CUPS(printing properties received from user, for ex.)
Unfortunately I failed to compile by supplied Makefiles neither files from a directory of sources nor example projects offered by CUPS.org site(http://www.cups.org/book/software.php).
The error messages reseived is:
[root at fc6 cgi-bin]# make testcgi
make: *** No rule to make target `../cups/libcups.a', needed by `testcgi'.  Stop.

CUPS system it is actually established on a server and working properly.
As well, I have unpacked archive of sources cups-1.2.7-source.tar.gz.
What steps are necessary to make to gain successful compilation? I mean, some environments variables or something in this sort?