USB printer not detected

Mikael Nilsson mikael at nilsson.name
Mon Jan 29 11:37:30 PST 2007

> Update your Feisty to have the newest version of all packages:
>
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
>
> If this does not help, add the user "cupsys" to the "plugdev" group in
> /etc/group.

It did not help, but it *does* seem to be a permissions problem... doing "chmod a+rwx /dev/usb*" now gives me

network socket
network beh
network bluetooth
direct usb://Canon/MP600
network http
network ipp
network lpd
network smb

Thanks!

Any idea what the problem might be? Might some process run as another user than cupsys?

Will investigate...

/Mikael