[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #2219: slow printing big files on minolta 1300w

tsliwa tsliwa at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 06:33:46 PST 2007

[STR New]

I'm using Minolta PagePro 1300W. Everything worked fine on debian sarge
(cups 1.1.23 and compiled from source min12xxw-0.0.9 driver). Since
upgrading to debian etch (cups 1.2.7 and the same driver) printer have
been working very slow. I have to wait few minutes for each page.
I installed that printer on second computer (also debian etch and cups
1.2.7), but this time I installed min12xxw-0.0.9 from debian package
instead of compiling myself. Firstly printer seemed to work perfect.
However after printing about 20 pages of big document the same problem
appeared again - the printer stops for few minutes after print each page.
After restarting printer it prints about 20 pages in normal speed and slow
down again.
I think problem depends on size of document. When I printed several short
files (4-6 pages each, about 60 pages overall) one by one, there was no
problem at all.
I connect printer by usb. Both computers has the same kernel 2.6.18
installed from debian packages. Most of files I printed was .pdf, there
was also few .dvi .ps and plain-text files.
My problem is not very serious, but it would be nice to have it solved.
Thanks for any help.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2219
Version: 1.2.7