[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #2220: ljet4 bug new in ESP GS 8.15.3

pablo funes pablo at icosystem.com
Tue Jan 30 06:33:46 PST 2007

[STR New]

Hi! I've been using the ljet4 driver with RedHat, then Fedora ghostscript
for about five years. When I recently upgraded from FC3 to FC6 I found out
that my Duplex jobs were coming out one sided.

I've traced the bug to ghostscript, and submitted a similar report to
bug-ghostscript at gnu.org but that list seems dead. If this is not the right
forum for this, please help me find the right one.

I downloaded, locally compiled and installed on the same FC6 machine two
versions of GNU Ghostscript, 7.07 and 8.55. The PCL produced by ljet4
on 7.07 prints on both sides of the paper but the one produced by
ljet4 on 8.55 comes out single-sided.

These are the commands used to generate & print a test file:

/path/to/gs -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=ljet4 -sOutputFile=tmp.pcl -q -r600 -dBATCH
newfi
le1.ps
echo "@PJL SET DUPLEX=ON"   > /tmp/prefix
cat /tmp/prefix tmp.pcl > /dev/tcp/my.hplj2200nd.port/9100

Attached files:

newfile1.ps             Test postscript file
newfile1-707.pcl        Ghostscript 7.07 ljet4 output file
newfile1-855.pcl        Ghostscript 8.55 ljet4 output file
newfile1.tex            Latex source file

Best regards,

Pablo Funes

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2220
Version: 8.15.3