[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #2226: Zebra printer (LP 2844) outputs blank output

Tom Watson tsw at johana.com
Wed Jan 31 05:22:11 PST 2007

[STR New]

I did the setup of a USB connected Zebra LP2844 printer (Federal Express
uses it as well).  I was successful with the setup (EPL1).  I was able to
print a "test page" (actually a label).  It went quite well.  Now I
attempt to use the device with OpenOffice, and all I get is empty printout
(no black at all).  Am I doing someting wierd.  I also attempted to use
'a2ps' to no avail.  Just empty paper.  In addition, I note that the
printer driver DOES NOT "eject" to the beginning of the label stock.  This
makes the labels "overlap" if two are printed in succession.  I am VERY
willing to do ANY testing if you desire.

I'm using FC6, and I updated to the latest release with 'yum' (thus
1.2.7).  The version says: "cups-1.2.7-1.7.fc6"

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2226
Version: 1.2.7