How can I change/map/force originating-user-name attibute for a printer?

Frittella Laurento mrfree at infinito.it
Mon Jul 2 07:54:52 PDT 2007

Using my GNU/Linux notebook I'm trying to print using a printer shared on a Windows with something like smb://xxx:yyy@host/printer it works because the job appears in the windows print-queue, but the problem is that "xxx" isn't equal to my linux username account and when the printer (a Canon iR2880) receive the job it discard the document probably because it expects a document generated by "xxx" instead of "mrfree".

I think the optimal solution consists in overwrite "originating-user-name" attribute with the user used to authenticate (in this case "xxx"), Does exist any options in printers.conf (for example) to force this behavior?