[cups.general] Page Break Problem

Thiago Lima thiagomadeira at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 04:57:16 PDT 2007

 Good morning for everyone.

  I´m having some troubles with a special printing. I really don´t know
where the problem is, if it is in cups, in my files, filters or
ghostscript. Maybe someone can give me some tips to solve the problem here.

  My scenario :

    I need to print a PS generated with Perl::PostScript::Simple without
page-breaks. I´m using a LX300 dotprinter with tractor and continous paper
(I really don´t know if this is the name for that kind of paper in english)
..

    When the printing ends the paper should not be ejected or receive the
"form-feed" command. It should stay in the same positiong where it stoped.

    There´s any way to do this? I need to change de script that generates
the PS? Or change the PPD or filters?

    I´ve already tried to create a custom-paper in PS and PPD to do the job,
but it didn´t not work. When the printing ends a form-feed is issued.

     Using Centos 5.0 and all the software that came along with it. cups,
postscript, gs, etc and the IBMPROPRINTERII PPD.

thanks alot and sorry about the poor english.
Thiago Madeira de Lima