[cups.general] Page Break Problem

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Tue Jul 3 06:41:54 PDT 2007

Thiago Lima wrote:

>  Good morning for everyone.
>
>   I´m having some troubles with a special printing. I really don´t know
> where the problem is, if it is in cups, in my files, filters or
> ghostscript. Maybe someone can give me some tips to solve the problem here.
>
>   My scenario :
>
>     I need to print a PS generated with Perl::PostScript::Simple without
> page-breaks. I´m using a LX300 dotprinter with tractor and continous
> paper (I really don´t know if this is the name for that kind of paper in
> english) .
>
>     When the printing ends the paper should not be ejected or receive
> the "form-feed" command. It should stay in the same positiong where it
> stoped.
>
>     There´s any way to do this? I need to change de script that
> generates the PS? Or change the PPD or filters?
>
>     I´ve already tried to create a custom-paper in PS and PPD to do the
> job, but it didn´t not work. When the printing ends a form-feed is issued.
>
>      Using Centos 5.0 and all the software that came along with it.
> cups, postscript, gs, etc and the IBMPROPRINTERII PPD.
>

> thanks alot and sorry about the poor english.
> Thiago Madeira de Lima

You didn't tell what printer driver you use. The printer
is driven by Epson's ESC/P or ESC/P2 language. The best approach
would be to modify the PS to ESC/P converter to suppress the
formfeed code. If that is not feasible, you could hack a small
special filter that relaces the form feed characters by CRLF.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung