[cups.general] reading data from raw printer

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Thu Jul 5 00:35:42 PDT 2007

Hello,

On Jul 3 10:49 Tim Waugh wrote (shortened):

> > > How can i read information from a printer?
>
> Can't the CUPS command interface (application/vnd.cups-command) do
> what's required?

I am afraid, I have no experience with the CUPS command interface.
I assume it requires some kind of filtering so that it doesn't work
for a raw queue.
And even for a queue with a usual current driver it may not work
because I assume that the usual current drivers do not yet
advertise support for the CUPS command file format.
At least this is how I understand
http://localhost:631/help/spec-command.html
"Printer drivers advertise support for the CUPS command file format
 by providing a filter for the application/vnd.cups-command file type."

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex