lppasswd problem

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Thu Jul 5 09:38:39 PDT 2007

> Reinstalled complete system since disk failure. Using SUSE10.2, Cups
> 1.2.7-12.1. When I put in password with lppassword username, the the

related issue - lppasswd defaults to using only 16 characters
for username and other fields. But if you want to use long
identifiers for usernames (e.g. their emails), 16 is often
not enough. It's only a one-line change to replace,
in the sscanf in lppasswd.c, the '16' to '64' or larger.
The remaining code does not seem to make assumptions on
the field size.

cheers
luigi