Printer is "stopped" on error -- how to change this?

Maciej Pilichowski alamakotabecbec at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 12:58:30 PDT 2007

Hi there,

  Consider such scenario:
I "print" some document but I forgot to turn the printer on. I realized my mistake, I turn the printer on, but there is no printing. When I check (in KDE) the status of the printer it is "stopped". I have to manually "start" it (in KDE) to make the printer accept any coming print jobs.

  ?
  How to change this policy, so even after error printer would be still in "started" mode so I could immediately send another print job
  ?

  I looked at cups documentation, but I only found two things related to this -- number of retries, and retry timeout, but I didn't find any policy which could be set to "retry" (if this is a solution).

  Thank you in advance.

have a nice day, bye