[cups.general] lower resolution now?? How do I find/install a better printer driver

Dr. Scott S. Jones scott at fyrenice.com
Fri Jul 6 06:28:08 PDT 2007

I recently had a glitch in how my cups worked with a remote printer. I have
printing working again, after fixing a problem in my /etc/hosts file, but
NOW the print output is at a lower resolution, and jagged edges on some
letters are appearing now.

How do I find a better printer driver for my laser jet iii p , or a better
..ppd file? And, once I find it out do I install it? Does this happen through
the normal localhost:631/ setup, or with hp-set (hplip) or some other way?

Scott

--
Sandy Chiropractic Office	Dr. Scott S. Jones

V: 801.56.5428			MAILING ADDRESS
F: 801.858.9300			PO Box 1154
E: scott at fyrenice.com		Sandy, Utah 84091-1154