Why my CUPs Web UI won't show any image

Toby toby at excelgeophysics.com
Fri Jul 6 14:46:56 PDT 2007

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I don't know why when I login CUPs Web UI on my office DC via http://192.168.30.2:631/admin. There is no problem to configure anything but it won't show any image at all. Please help me out if you have seen and fixed this problem. Thank you!!!

The problem is the location of your DocumentRoot setting in
/etc/cups/cupsd.conf

I'm using RedHat Fedora Core 3 and these settings worked for me.

#
# DocumentRoot: the root directory for HTTP documents that are served.
# By default "/usr/share/doc/cups-1.1.20".
#
# Documents in this folder: /usr/share/doc/cups/ (t.kliem 7/6/07)

DocumentRoot /usr/share/doc/cups

Then just restart your CUPS Daemon and off you go. However, I'm getting 403 erros when trying to access or change anything with my printers.

--Toby--