Zebra 220 XiIII Plus

Isaac ismitley at zappos.com
Sat Jul 7 14:18:29 PDT 2007

> You did not tell what the sources of the printed labels are in case of
> Windows resp. Linux. I suspect the differences in printing time
> reult from tha fact that the windows driver presumably uses
> thd full featured Zebra ZPL II printer language, whareas the
> CUPS approach first converts the input to PostScript,
> the PostScript to the CUPS special raster format which is in
> turn converted to the Zebra Graphics format (which in turn is
> a special subset of the ZPL II language as well).
>
> You should tell more details of how the printer is handled by
> your Windows installation. I guess it would be not too
> big a task to write a filter that converts the input to
> pure ZPL II code.
>
> Helge
>
> --
> Helge Blischke
> Softwareentwicklung
>
> H.Blischke at acm.org

Hello, Helge.  Thank you for the response.  The driver that I'm using for Windows is the one that came with the printer.  The printer also has an option to be configured in ZPL or ZPL II mode.  I've tried both modes and the speed stayed the same.

Please let me know if you would like any further information.

Thanks again!

- Isaac