Printer is "stopped" on error -- how to change this?

Maciej Pilichowski alamakotabecbec at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 02:11:33 PDT 2007

Hello Kurt,

> - Did you copy beh to /usr/lib/cups/backend/ ?
> - Did you make beh executable ?
> - Did you restart cupsd ?

3 x Yes.

> You can test if CUPS recognized the beh as a valid backend by issuing
> the command (as root):
>    lpinfo -v

And it is recognized, I mean, it is on the list. And now, at this point I realized my stupidity. My local name differs (beh.pl) from the web page example. I didn't pay attention that it is not a service name but physical filename. O gosh...

:-( I am terrible sorry for this. Thanks again for your help!

have a nice day, bye