[cups.general] Konica Minolta Magicolor 7450

Russbucket russbucket at nwi.net
Mon Jul 9 08:27:47 PDT 2007

John Jason Jordan wrote:

> I'd like to buy one of these printers. I got a PPD file from Konica
> Minolta, and I installed it on my Ubuntu Feisty computer. However, I
> can't tell from the driver if everything will work. Does anyone have
> one of these printers?
I have a Xerox 6120 (4-color laser) that is a Konica Minolta engine. The ppd
was written by Konica-Minolta. It works just fine on SSuSE 10.2.

*PPD-Adobe: "4.3"
*% Adobe Systems Printer Description File
*% For "Xerox Phaser 6120 PPD"
*% Copyright(c) 2004 KONICA MINOLTA BUSINESS TECHNOLOGIES, INC. All rights
reserved.
*% Created:     03/30/05
*% Modified:    09/03/05
*% Platforms:   XP/2K/Linux

I do not know if this is the same printer as yours. It seems Konica know how
to write PPD's for CUPS. Can you confige and print a test page. What I had
to do is copy the ppd to /usr/share/cups/model/Xerox then I was able to
configure it with YaST. I think it can also be configured with CUPS from
there also. If not you could copy the ppd to /etc/cups/ppd.

Hope this help you.

--
Russ
Registered Linux user #441463